Day 30 of the 30 Day Running Challenge!!

 I did it, I completed my 30 days of running. It took longer than I had planned through life challenges, stoma complications  and sickness...but in the end I think it works out better when pacing oneself rather than racing through everything, possibly enduring injury, potentially increasing sickness and complications, fighting fatigue or even just not enjoying the journey. I started slow and one mile at a time, worked my way up to three miles and even increased my time, worked in speed runs and intervals. 

I am now enjoying running again, am comfortable in my body and it feels good to get out there and run. I no longer feel as if I'm dying after only one mile, even in the heat and humidity. Now a mile, which used to be a tough workout, is a nice easy warm up or cool down. It's feels incredible how far I've come these past few months; I'm glad I did this running challenge as it kept me accountable to get out there and keep it up. It was long enough to make regular running a routine again, and come to enjoy it. I will keep getting out there.

Today was my first workout in two weeks due to sickness. I'm still  fighting cough and congestion but I could not stand it any longer, I had a bad running itch. I feel it is the best medicine and getting out to work my lungs in the humid weather may be good for clearing the gunk a bit. Maybe not, I don't know, but the run did feel good aside from the awful coughing and shortness or breath after I finished...I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to catch my breath but I am okay now.

Today's run was a nice easy pace to enjoy and see how far I could go. I'm working on my physical endurance and mental strength. I will soon be incorporating hill work.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

I Still Feel Like a Sloth!