Finding Solace in Running

 There is nothing like a long, relaxing run to feel better emotionally and physically. It reduces feelings of stress, gives me time to myself and creates a great headspace...all this together releases the cobwebs so I am able to think more clearly and am better equipped for problem solving. I also feel the burn in my legs which is a nice reminder that I'm doing something healthy for my body. This is the good burn lol Today was my first actual run this week; it's been raining a lot the past few days and the cold wet weather makes me want to hibernate. Today was a bit warmer, and it finally stopped raining, so was a great time to find solace and a little sunshine through the clouds. I increased my distance from last week's "long run" but also decreased my time by 17 seconds per mile! I will soon get back to my regular long runs which used to be 12+ miles at least once per week. Five miles used to be my quickie daily run during my lunch hour, sometimes a tempo and other days sprint intervals or hills. Oh my prime running days, and I had taken so much time off! How I miss those days, but I will get back into my running groove with time... 



FitBit still says my walk/runs with Spot are elliptical workouts lol maybe I should start logging these as actual runs, but they're just fun for us both and not a part of my actual training. I did swim for an hour each day over the weekend but haven't been logging these workouts either. Monday was a complete rest day, as I still have a lot of fatigue since my ileostomy surgery...but I'm feeling stronger every week


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

I Still Feel Like a Sloth!