How I Support Bob During Runs

 I wear Hollister brand two piece appliances which have belt loops on the pouch flange. There is a thin belt that clips onto these loops which helps to support the pouch and hold it in place. I also wear high waisted tummy control undies which further support and hold my pouch in place. Over this I wear high waisted leggings. With everything tucked in, nobody would guess that I have an ostomy, and Bob feels nicely supported. I don't mind having the pouch against my skin, but some people may not like this feeling especially when sweaty. For me, it is all well supported and I don't even feel my pouch. But for those who may not feel comfortable that way, there are Ostomy panties that have a pocket sewn inside so that the pouch is supported and not against the skin. There is also a support belt called Stealth Belt which reminds me of a fanny pack, but it is thin and is held against the body nicely, not bulky at all. The pouch is zipped into this belt and held in place. I'm actually planning to get one soon, but they are pricey and not covered by insurance so I'm waiting until I'm working again. Below are pictures of how I support Bob for my runs, so far.

 

This is the Hollister belt that clips onto the loop on each side of the two piece pouch flange. It also works with the Convatec two piece pouch, but the one piece pouch systems do not have belt loops.

I order black high waisted control top undies from Amazon which work great to further support my pouch.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

I Still Feel Like a Sloth!