Days 19-21! 30 Day Running Challenge

 I had a busy few days and, though I have kept up my running, have gotten behind on my posts. This will be short and to the point. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday near the beach with family, so Tuesday's run was after drinking a few glasses of wine and also I did a couple miles because it was an area I wasn't familiar with. The first mile was actually one of my quickest despite the wine but I started getting a side cramp and heavy legs on the second mile coming back. 




Wednesday I got home around 8:30pm and, after unpacking my bag and eating a late dinner, took Spot out for our mile jog. It was a nice night but we went slowly 🦥



Tonight was another solo run after an hour swim, which wasn't terrible time though I was pretty tired by the time I got out there. I hate that I haven't broken 8:30 yet I feel as if I could run a 7:30/8 by now. Although once I get past the quarter mile point my pace slows way down from around 7:40 to 8:30 and keeps getting slower as I go along. By the end, trying to pick up my pace, I am just exhausted and wonder how I used to run for miles at a nice pace.


 

Comments

  1. Awesome that you try to run daily but what about Bob? Can running after drinking wine cause an issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for commenting! One of my goals thru this blog is to show people that we can live an active life with an ostomy and running is healthy, fun and also doable with Bob! Now I don't always run after drinking wine lol but I wasn't going to skip my run just because I was on vacation...my point here was "no excuses!" The wine was with dinner and I didn't go overboard, I think it could cause issues if drinking without food and/or drinking too much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge