Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

 Today was my first guided run using the Nike run app, and I chose the fist speed run which was eight 60 second sprint intervals with 60 second rests in between; the first few sprints I jogged my rest periods but I think it was around the third interval I began walking the rest periods because I was giving everything I had during the sprints, something I have not done in years. It felt so good! And then Coach Bennet from the Nike app added an extra bonus to the end which I was definitely not expecting though it really made me push myself even further than I thought possible. And by these run times, I am thoroughly impressed by what I actually was able to do. After the interval run I cooled down with a slow mile jog; actually stating that a ten minute mile is a slow jog, in comparison to how I felt when I first got started, is a nice improvement. 

I did take four days off from all my workouts, running and swimming due to an unexpected and extremely scary complication of having an ileostomy. Last Wednesday I experienced a stoma prolapse which lasted most of the day. It wasn't really painful yet and by late afternoon it went back in just as spontaneously as it had come out, so I put on my hernia belt and went for my run and workout as I normally would and all was good...until the next day where it came back out again while I was at work but I only work six hours on Thursdays so I was okay, though by the time I got home I was starting to experience some pain. Instead of swimming and running I walked Spot dog for a few hours, but by the night I was in severe pain and had to take off my bag, lay in the tub and try to get it back in with table sugar which didn't quite work and I ended up having to cut the new bag way bigger, cutting beyond the largest hole for the wafer. I will write a separate post on this with pictures and more information explaining all this, but for now I will say the experience was frightening and painful, I seriously thought I may have had to go to the hospital. Luckily after a few days of taking it extremely easy with lots of rest and sleep, Bob is okay. Today I am back to my fitness routine and ran after doing my upper body weight routine, albeit lighter than what I had worked up to last week. I decided, also, to run every other day and to do more of these guided runs, which are way more fun and make me push myself harder than merely running a mile per day. Tomorrow will be my lower body and ab workout day plus swim. Below are the results of my runs from today:



I am pretty stoked about these interval times


Above was from my cool down jog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

Days 19-21! 30 Day Running Challenge