Ostomy Awareness

 I have had my ileostomy for five months, and I already feel healthier! In the past five years I had multiple abdominal surgeries which failed, complications and pain as I tried everything else possible before resorting to this. Ostomy stigma is real, as many people do not understand how life giving an ostomy can be. I had endured negativity from a few people about my life altering decision before surgery. Five years in pain before opting for an ileostomy because a past surgeon told me most people would rather live in pain than to have an ileostomy; misconceptions like this are devastating and I wish I had this surgery much sooner. As an ostomate with a passion to spread awareness and help reduce stigma through educating others, I am sharing my story through the Ostomy Awareness Foundation. Below are some links you can use to learn more and/ or help support this cause.

https://www.givelocalccf.org/p2p/192038/stephanie-evans-a69208d9-bdbc-4d28-9532-daf6101dd08d

https://www.ostomyawarenessfoundation.org





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

I Still Feel Like a Sloth!