Days 22-25! 30 Day Running Challenge

 Today would originally have been my last day of this running challenge, but I took a total of five days off due to a combination of a busy schedule, fatigue and knee pain. Here I will post my runs from Friday, Monday, Tuesday and today (Wednesday); I took off Saturday because people in my neighborhood got started early with 4th of July fireworks and they were already popping off before dark when I got home in the evening. Since Spot would've been too afraid out running the neighborhood we stayed home and had some cuddle time instead. I can't blame it all on Spot, though. To be honest, I was also super tired from the few days spent at the beach last week, getting home late Wednesday night and having to be up early for work the next day. Then Saturday was my second consecutive 12 hour shift. Sunday I had a family bbq straight after work, and of course consoled the dogs with many loud fireworks going on around us. 

Taking some time off isn't a bad thing, and sometimes is necessary for both mind and body. At first I was afraid to take a few days off thinking it would be too easy to stop running altogether, plus most days I've only run one mile so why take off? Well, this would have been my old "all or nothing" thinking and I am working toward more balance. Yes, my body is still adjusting to having an ileostomy and gets tired more easily. Yes, I get knee pain easily from osteoarthritis and previous knee surgery. Yes, I took a long time off from running and it will take time to get where I was before. Yes, the body needs time to rest. These are all reasons to be okay with starting slow and to take time off as needed....to listen to my body. However, I do believe that I am getting the running bug back and have come along far enough to not wanna just stop getting out there.  I do believe I have created a running habit! And I am determined to get my endurance and speed back.

Without further ado, my past four runs:









I am pretty proud of today's run, two miles with a pretty decent time....the first mile felt easier than it it did a few weeks ago, and I finished the second feeling how I used to after just a mile


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 26! 30 Day Running Challenge

Days 19-21! 30 Day Running Challenge